This is influenced by a Chris Galvin recipe. It is bursting with wonderful flavour combinations and textures and is great for a light starter. Serve with buttered toasted crusty bread for something more substantial.
Smoked salmon, fennel, orange, avocado and watercress salad
- 400 g smoked salmon
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 clementine
- 1 avocado
- small bunch of watercress
- 4 tbsp citrus vinaigrette
- Tear the salmon into strips.
- Finely slice the fennel lengthways with a mandoline. Mix with 1 tsp of the citrus vinaigrette until the the fennel is coated.
- Cut the clemintine skin off and slice the orange into segments.
- Destone and peel the avocado and slice the avocado into segments.
- Mix all the ingredients together and assemble on four plate. Dress each plate with a tbsp of vinaigrette.