Here the humble cabbage has been elevated to a center piece by simply charing it in the oven and topping it with a tangy yet creamy lemon tahini dressing. To finish it off, sweet, salty, smoky and crunchy nuts and seeds are sprinkled over the top. Delicious!
The roasted cabbage
It really doesn’t matter which type of cabbge you use here – although I would avoid red cabbage. I used Savoy, but January King, Hispi or just a plain White Cabbage would definitley work.
The lemony tahini dressing is perfect just drizzled over the top of the roasted cabbage. The nuts have so many flavours: salty, sweet from honey, smokey spice from the paprika, and a slight barbeque flavour from the rosemary. They top this dish so well, despite the fact I could eat them by the handful before they get to the top!
Roasted savoy cabbage with lemon tahini dressing and smoked paprika nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Cut the cabbage into eigths and brush with olive oil. Place them in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes until beginning to char.
- Mix the seeds, nuts, rosemary leaves, 1 tbsp of honey, paprika, salt and pepper and place in the oven for 10 minutes and then let them cool.
- Whisk the tahini, water, lemon juice, olive oil, 2 tsp of honey, and salt.
- Once the cabbage eigths are beginning to char, serve them topped with the dressing and the seed/nut mixture.