This dish takes less than 10 minutes to put together, making it the perfect midweek meal for busy folk. Not only is it quick to prepare, it’s inexpensive, nutritious and tasty too!
I advise that the kale and the gnocchi are boiled in separate pans to avoid overcooking the gnocchi. The kale takes about the same time as the gnocchi, but the gnocchi floats when it is ready and if the kale is cooked in the same pan it can make it harder to see when gnocchi is floating and needs to be taken out.
Gnocchi with kale, parmesan, lemon and toasted hazelnuts
- 500 g gnocchi
- 300 g kale or cavolo nero
- 1 lemon zested
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g parmesan cheese grated
- 25 g hazelnuts chopped and toasted
- Boil two sausepans of water.
- Tear the kale up, removing the central stem. Place in a saucepan of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Boil the gnocchi in accordance with the manufacturers instructions. Usually it takes less than 5 minutes and you know when its ready because the gnocchi begin to float. Place the floating gnocchi in a bowl.
- Mix the cooked gnocchi, kale, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and serve.
- Top with parmesan cheese and toasted hazelnuts.