This recipe has quickly become my favourite side of parsnips! It not only has great flavour, but the texture is wonderful, perfect for accompanying any special roast lunch/dinner.
Cheesy parsnip mash
- 1 kg parsnips
- 225 g mature cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp double cream (about 60 ml)
- 50 g butter
- 1 tsp thyme
- Peel and chop the parsnips into similar size pieces.1 kg parsnips
- Place in a saucepan and top up with cold water and a little salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 10 minutes until nice and soft.
- Drain the boiling water from the parsnips. Stir in the other ingredients and mash well.225 g mature cheddar cheese, 4 tbsp double cream (about 60 ml), 50 g butter, 1 tsp thyme
- You can either heat it a little longer and serve as it is, or place in a casserole dish and top with a little extra cheese and reheat in the oven at a later stage. This is a nice option if you want to make it in advance but maybe not ideal if you have a crowded oven. Alternatively just reheat on the stove top.